home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Monday, November 29, 2010

Busted!..... Well, Almost....

No shopping on Black Friday {although I did do some Amazon shopping the night before}....
BUT
When Ryan got home from work {gotta push that Coca-Cola} we went to see the second to last Harry Potter!! {snif snif... what will I do when there's no more HP to look forward to?!?}

I dropped him off at the front, so he could stay in line for tickets, then drove around waiting for the best "Expectant Mother on Bedrest" parking spot....  I found a pretty decent one.... then I got my giant bag with my water and Sprite {plug for Coca-Cola, again} and proceeded to theater...

But, just then... WAIT... OMGosh....  {bp rising}.....
Who do I see walking towards the ticket line from the other side of the parking lot.... DR WINFREY!!! {and her daughter}

What did I do you ask? Duck and Hide of course!!  I jumped in front of the giant columns at the ticket booth... where Ryan was just perfectly placed in line... I tell him.... "Dr Winfrey is at the back of the line!!" We giggle...
The girl in line behind him, looking at me quizzically... I say "I'm on bedrest and my doctor just got in line for tickets." She giggles.  I say to Ryan, really thinking out loud many thoughts,  "What if she's here to see Harry Potter?... Oh, but Brit says it has some scary parts, surely her daughter is too young... I don't know, it IS Harry Potter!"

Ryan says go hide in the arcade... I say {in my head} "I'm not a teenager, I'm not hiding in the arcade."  But I do run {I mean... walk} inside and sit on a bench and wait for Ryan... Sitting is rest, right?

He comes in with tickets and I send him to wait in line for snacks.... I can't forgo popcorn and candy because I'm on the lam and about to get caught!!  I mean, I HAVE MOVIE STANDARDS...{I say as I have drinks stashed in my giant bag}

Just as we are discussing Milk Duds or Whoppers, Dr Winfrey and her daughter come speeding through the door and off to their theater, so stop at the concessions... I assume now they are there to see Tangled... seems more appropriate...

WHEW! That was close....

I have said all my life, that I try very hard not to do things I am told specifically NOT to do, because I have the worst luck... I will always get caught... my car will breakdown when I am somewhere I'm not supposed to be or something of the like....

I'm sure that I wouldn't have been hauled away and grounded right then and there....  especially because I'm not exhibiting all the other symptoms of Preeclampsia, just that my blood pressure is being monitored... but still.... I don't want the one person who is trying to take care of me and my unborn to think that I am not working WITH her and doing what she says....

Harry Potter was great, btw.  It was worth the drama!

Luv you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment