home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Soap Operas and Bon Bons

What's a bon bon anyway? I prefer Snickers or a nice cold Coca-Cola for empty calories. 

I have been home, not working, since Friday, November 12, 2010.   Callen was born Tuesday, December 14, 2010.  That's a long time for a self proclaimed workaholic.  

I have managed to NOT watch a single soap opera.  You'd think this wouldn't be an issue, but it is.  Something about the ABC Soaps (All My Children, One Life to Live, & General Hospital) remind me of my childhood with my mom.  Throughout my life I'v been in and out of watching these shows, but I can usually catch up on what's going on - not that it's difficult. I do hate when they switch actors on me.

Anyhow...  less than a month to go until I got back to work (Feb 28th) and General Hospital drew me in! I blame the 700 channels on my cable for not having anything else on to watch and Ryan for working a later day.  I have things on the DVR to watch - Chuck & The Cape to be specific - but I need to wait for Ryan to watch them.

So here I am, watching soaps and having a nice cold Coca-Cola.

No comments:

Post a Comment