home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Monday, June 14, 2010

Almost 11 Weeks!

Tomorrow marks 11 weeks... we are on the home stretch of the first trimester!! Today I had appointments for sequential testing.  This is a screening for Down Syndrome, Neural Tube defects, and Trisomy 18.  You can Google for yourself, but a combination of an ultrasound and blood tests are used to determine a risk level.
Honestly, after the last appointment, the most important part of today was this....

 

Picture Day!!!  

Look at those feet in the air and the little nose!! It's starting to look more and more like a baby!! Whoo Hoo!!

I am clear for all other "mom" related complications, such as being a carrier for cystic fibrosis, HIV (duh), etc. So now we just eat right and grow this baby!!  

Here's the news no one wants to hear... next sonogram won't be until 20 weeks, unless I experience something that they want to monitor.  That means, we have to wait 9 more weeks until we know if its a boy or girl. So hang on to your patience everyone, we'll get there! 

OH.. and lets all also pray for a 2010 birth... so my insurance doesn't roll over (wink, wink)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment