home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Leave of Absence

So...  I took a little break... not that I wanted to, but the summer has been so busy.

Been traveling.
Had a PPD flareup.
Dealing with my Dad's Estate.
It's flippin hot!
Got swamped at work.

Are those enough excuses? Do you forgive me yet? I'll do better from now on.

It really has been a long hard summer for me. I am definitely ready for a break. I am in need of a trip to Disney that's for sure!  I did have a teensy tinsey little break for myself, I went to a Painting with Wine class.  How do you paint with wine, you might ask?  You don't.  NEVER waste wine on canvas! You drink wine while you paint.  I do have some background in art, so it was nice to spend some time with this side of me again.

It's great fun with friends.  I will definitely be doing it again.

It's an art studio called How Great Thou Art {love the name}, she has adult classes and kids classes/camp.  Callen will for sure be doing these when he's older.


This class we painted the peacock..  It was fun.
See the amazing artwork below.  Forgive the photography.  It was a lowlit room.
This was the example. 
This was mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment