home greatfulness blog roll about me contact me

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 6: [15 Day Challenge]





Day 6: Any job in the entire world and why?



I have always been interested in the "parts to the whole." I started as a Genetics major - uh.. NO! Then moved on to Psychology - Statistics? uh, NO!  Then on to Art History - BO-RING!  

Interior Design for me is a big puzzle.  My dad was a residential contractor so I fell in love with old homes and the history they represent. I should have gone to work for him when I graduated {sniff.. sniff}.  I quickly realized that residential clients are... challenging.... so I went to work commercially {not designing commercials, design for non residential clients}. 

Two dream jobs: 
{One} Super dream job. 
Design for Disney.  
I would design hotels and restaurants  AKA hospitality design.  I would design for the parks.  I would design the paper cups you get your Coke out of. 
Bottom line, I believe in what they are selling.  An experience.  A whole package design/life experience.  I follow along with their principle that the details make or break the design. 

{Two} Realistic dream job. 
Design residential house plans for a builder.  I feel most comfortable with this job.  I can get lost in making the floor plan work.  In this instance, I would not be tortured by a residential client, so long as I had the Builder as a buffer to explain that design time cost money and crazy designs are expensive to build.

Oh yeah and an event planner would really fun too! Kind of a mix between the previous two, but much more risk financially.

Decisions Decisions... 

2 comments:

  1. That would be awesome to work for Disney, who knows! It may just happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designing for Disney would be awesome!! I have a few friends that work for Disney, and they love it.

    ReplyDelete